Audio beacons can synchronize and/or relay data to devices through a variety of broadcast media. This data-over-audio method uses sound waves in a similar way to how Bluetooth employs electromagnetic waves, offering an alternative method of relaying data for both iOS and Android.
XT Audio Beacons have been enjoyed by over 2,500,000 users across three continents. Some of our clients include:
• No reliance on a data connection, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cellular service.
• Ability to relay data to devices through television broadcasts or any other sound-based media.
• Ability to synchronize devices at nearly the speed of sound.
• Triggering commands on the smartphone through a television broadcast, online video, radio commercial, film and movies. Users can be rewarded for tuning in; products can be linked to during a featured commercial; coupons can be distributed, etc.
• Turn $10 household speakers into iBeacons. Any speaker emitting a unique fingerprint can be used to detect proximity and trigger events to achieve the same effect as traditional Bluetooth beacons.
• Location-based “push” notifications. Users can be segmented by proximity to various speakers.
• Smartphones in the same room or across the globe can be synchronized and given precisely timed commands in real-time, or minutes, hours, or even days after the trigger was detected.
• Commands without a data connection. Because the software is triggered by sound, it can perform even where there is no data connection, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
• Authorization — triggers can be used to verify check-in at an event, or to unlock content on your app.
• Indoor location sensing — provide location services more accurate than GPS by making use of the existing speaker infrastructure.
• Wherever your imagination takes you.
Just download our SDK and plug it into your app. Integration can take as little as an hour.
XT Audio Beacons are currenty available for both iOS and Android.
Roughly 2-4 MB, depending on the platform.
Listening for ultrasonic fingerprints uses very little battery and can even be done in the background. You may already be using apps that employ their mic in the background, such as "OK Google" or "Hey Siri."
For development teams pursuing new use cases, XT Audio Beacons are completely free to trial up to 100 users. Pricing after this inital demo will be based on API requests. For further details on pricing, please Contact Us.
No. For development teams pursuing new use cases, usage is completely free up to 100 users.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a billing account. You will receive instructions on how to make payments through our secure billing system.
No. Your device listens to your local environment for the sole purpose of detecting ultrasonic fingerprints. No audio records are made and no audio is ever uploaded to our servers.